SRYA Field Hockey
Leagues - Eligibility - Division
- Sticklettes - Grades K thru 2nd - 6v6
- Pee Wee - Grades 3 and 4 - 3rd; 7v7 including goalkeepers
- Middies - Grades 5 and 6 - 11v11 including goalkeepers
- Juniors - Grades 7 and 8 - 11v11 including goalkeepers
Groups are based on grade, not age. Eligibility is per Anne Arundel County Guidelines.
SRYA Team Photos will take place late September or early October
SRYA Fees for Play & Uniforms for the 2023 season:
- Sticklettes: Early Bird Registration $45, Price will increase to $65 July 1.
- Pee Wee, Middie and Juniors: Early Bird Registration $140, Price will increase to $160 July 1.
- SRYA Field Hockey (and SRYA Girls Lacrosse) has switched uniform manufacturers and our new uniforms are slightly different. We encourage you to purchase a new uniform but it is not mandatory at this time (but will be soon). We would like to phase out the old uniforms so we all match and have the correct and current colors. See above!
- NEW FOR 2023: Sticklettes (Pre-K through 2nd Grade) will need to wear the official SRYA team reversible jersey (light blue/white just like the big girls!) for an additional fee of $30. To offset that cost increase, we've dropped registration by $30 for all Sticklette players (was $75 in the past, registration will now be $45). Players will be expected to keep these jerseys and use them each season (field hockey and lax) - to help save parents money in the long run.
- County Players (3rd through 8th grade) will need a full uniform of jersey top and skirt. *If your player purchased a 2023 spring SRYA lacrosse uniform, they are the same. Each piece (jersey top and skirt) is an additional fee of $30 for all Pee Wee, Middie, and Junior players.
If anyone has a financial need, please contact the commissioners listed under contacts to work out a payment plan or request financial assistance. The goal is for all to play
Registration for Fall opens at the beginning of May and will CLOSE on August 1, so we have time to register teams with the county before the deadline. There will be NO exceptions.
Sunday, June 4th at SRHS Stadium Turf
Middies - 4PM-6PM (Grades 5 & 6 for fall 2023)
Juniors - 6PM-8PM (Grades 7 & 8 for fall 2023)
Players in grades 5th-8th for the Fall 2023 school year will be evaluated and placed on a team that best fits their skill level. We will be using the first week of practice August 14th-18th to finalize our middie and junior rosters. *Goalies will be evaluated. Goalie gear will be available for evaluations.
- Speed and Endurance
- Sticks Skills
- Passing and Receiving
- Field Awareness and Game Sense
- Attitude, Teamwork, and Sportsmanship
Practices will begin the week of August 14th. The first weekend of games typically begin the first weekend after Labor Day. Coaches will contact parents with the exact days, times, and field locations of all team practices and games. Sticklettes practice at Loch Haven with some turf time in August before school starts. Pee Wee, Middie, and Juniors will be practicing on the South River turf depending on availability. Season schedules are released by Anne Arundel County Parks and Rec around 5 days prior to the first game allowing for all rosters to be accurate across all participating organizations. Games will begin for all age levels the weekend of September 9-10th.
- Regulation Field Hockey Stick
- Shin Guards (specific to field hockey)
- Mouth Guard
- Cleats or turf shoes
- Goggles **(may be worn by all field players but are not required)
Commissioner - Shannon Dickey
Asst. Commissioner - Rachelle Synoracki
Follow us on Facebook!